How to add photos into WordPress blog post or pages?
You can upload photos or graphics files into your WordPress blog.
Make sure use one of these image types: .jpg/.jpeg / .gif / .png
to a post or page on your WordPress blog.
Most images from the camera saved your computer either jpg or tiff file. Try to upload jpg file, they are much smaller size than tiff or raw files.
If you do not want to put large image on your blog, you can use thumbnail option.
Upload Images from Your Computer
1. Go to Posts -> Add New or Pages -> Add New
2. click on the media icon above your post/page editor, next to upload/insert link button
3. Then either drag the file into the pop up window or select the file from your computer
4. In the small pop up window you can edit your image. You can give title, caption and description to your image.
5. When you finish given the description, click on the button Insert into Post at the bottom.
Title - Text displayed as a tooltip (when a mouse is hovered over the image)
Caption - Image caption displayed directly underneath the image (will also serve as the alternate text.)
Description - Text displayed with the image in your dashboard and attachment pages on your blog.
Link URL / Link Image to: – The URL/web address to which the image will be linked. Click the File URL button to link the image to its original, full-size version. Click the Post URL button to have the image linked to its attachment page.
Alignment – The position of the image within your post or page.
Thumbnail image will be click-able if you link to larger image. As default when you click it will open large view of the image. If you want a nice pop up of the larger view of the image, you should add a pop up image plug-in on the blog. Such as I use Auto Thickbox Plus widget By attosoft