Resist Turkey – Diren Türkiye
Protests in Izmir Karsiyaka
PS: Thanks for the great cartoon from cartoonist Latif Demirci
Translation: ” I must inform that gezi park is not our national park, we are dedicated to make that park as *ayran national park”.
*Ayran is a yogurt based salty drink, Erdogan is insist that ayran is the national drink rather than raki ( alcahol based ) drink.
Videos about the protests in Turkey
What world media thinks about it?
- Erdogan Shows Why Turkey Shouldn’t Give Him More Power
- Erdoğan Over the Edge
The Turkish prime minister may have miscalculated with his brutal crackdown.
- Revolt in Turkey: Erdogan’s Grip on Power Is Rapidly Weakening
By Özlem Gezer, Maximilian Popp and Oliver Trenkamp
- Emperor ErdoganTurkey’s prime minister is a popular, democratically elected leader—who rules with the back of his hand.
By Cinar Kiper
- The ‘Tribune of Anatolia’: America’s Dark View of Turkish Premier Erdogan
By Maximilian Popp
- How Democratic Is Turkey? Not as democratic as Washington thinks it is.
BY STEVEN A. COOK, MICHAEL KOPLOW
- Portland Turkish community gathers to support demonstrations in Turkey
By Kristi Turnquist, The Oregonian
- Full Page Ad for Turkish Democracy in Action: OccupyGezi for the World
- Will Turkey’s Ruling Party Learn from the Debacle at Gezi Park? By Scott Lilly
- Cables from a Turkish Uprising
- “There is now a menace called Twitter”
- Ece Temelkuran’s BirGün article: What happened? What will happen?
- Turkey: Erdogan’s son-in-law the man holding the contract for ‘redevelopment’ of Gezi park
From Magazines and Blogs:
~ Pepe Escobar