Do you use Preview to look at your photos on your Mac?
You can use Preview to look at images, edit them, convert them to a different format, or start a photo slideshow.
Many images (such as JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG) open in Preview automatically simply do one of the following:
- Double-click the image file.
- Drag the image file to the Preview icon in the Dock.
- Drag a folder of images to the Preview icon to open all of them at once.
If an image opens in a different application but you want it to always open in Preview when you double-click it, do this one time: Control-click the file, let go of the Control key, press the Option key, then choose Always Open With > Preview. Or, select the image file, choose Get Info from the File menu, then change the “Opens with:” pop-up menu choice to Preview.
If you are more interested in your photo’s detail, simply click on Command+I on your keyboard. It will open all the image data in a small window.
– If you want to change the Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Temperature, Tint, and/or Sharpness of your picture Choose Adjust Color from the Tools menu
– To Rotate an image click the Rotate button, or choose Rotate Left or Rotate Right from the Tools menu, or rotate two fingers on your trackpad, or press Command-L or Command-R
– To resize an image choose Tools > Adjust Size, then enter the size you want to change the image to, then click OK. Resize multiple images by first selecting them in the sidebar.
– To crop an image click and drag to select the area of the image that you want to retain. Next, choose Tools > Crop or press Command-K. If you crop too much, you can press Command-Z or choose Edit > Undo to undo the crop.
-To add an arrow, circle, rectangle, text, and more choose Tools > Annotate; several buttons appear below the toolbar of the Preview window, including Arrow, Oval, Rectangle, and Text
– To zoom in just pinch with two fingers, or click the “+” button on your keyboard
– To view photos in a slideshow just drag multiple images to the Preview icon in the Dock; then from the View menu, choose Slideshow. You can also open multiple images at once by dragging a folder containing images to the Preview icon.
Add items to the toolbar by dragging them from the sheet to the toolbar.
– To remove items from the toolbar, drag the item off the toolbar.
– Rearrange items on the toolbar by dragging them left or right.
– To change how items on the toolbar appear (as icon, as text, or as both), use the “Show” pop-up menu at the bottom of the sheet.